Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, Lime essential oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste.
Limes are frequently used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor.
Due to its high limonene content, Lime provides internal cleansing benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air.
It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner.
Lime is known for its ability to uplift, balance, and energize.
Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
- Supports healthy immune function.
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties.
- Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser.
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Uses for Lime Essential Oil
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and lift your mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad and use to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
- Contains Antiseptic properties that help fight infections on skin and wounds.
- Can help with sores, ulcers, and rashes.
- Fights viral infections such as flu, bronchitis, mumps, coughs, colds, and measles.
- Strengths gums and helps with toothaches.
- Works as a great disinfectant.
- Helps restore energy.
- Reduces pain in muscles and joints.
- While showering, add a few drops to your hair to leave it smelling clean and fresh (don’t get it in the eyes).
- Can help to reduce fevers.
- Lime oil is considered to be a hemostatic, which help to reduce hemorrhaging by contracting blood vessels.
- Can help to tone muscles, tissues, and skin.
- Has a tonic property that helps as an anti-aging solution to prevent hair loss, wrinkles, age spots, and muscle weakness.
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Coconut Lime Body Scrub
1. Melt coconut oil over low heat until it’s completely liquid.
2. Mix the melted coconut oil with sugar.
3. Add 20 drops of lime essential oil and stir.
4. Store scrub in an air tight container at room temperature.
How To Use
Use scrub to exfoliate your skin in the bath or shower. Rinse well. Be cautious as the coconut oil may leave your tub slick!
Lime Essential Oil Shower Melts
- A miniature ice cube tray (or a regular one if you don’t have one!)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of corn starch
- A spoon and a mixing bowl
- 5-7 drops of Lime Essential Oil
- Green food coloring, optional*
- Place the corn starch and essential oil in a bowl and mix well. It will look like the photo above during this step.
- You can now add in a few drops of both the food coloring if you so desire. Continue to stir. The cubes will become a nice a citrus color. You may not notice color at first. Continue through the steps to reveal a bright green hue!
- Slowly add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix as the colors disperse and you notice that clumps are forming. You should know that this amount of water is not enough so be sure to follow through the rest of the steps!
- Add a few drops of water continuously while mixing well. When a thick paste has been created, transfer the mixture to the ice cube tray. Smooth the mixture flat in each ice cube section.
- Freeze the contents until the mixture is set (usually about an hour!). You now can enjoy your lime essential oil shower melts.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.