Helichrysum italicum is a small perennial herb with narrow, silver leaves and flowers that form a cluster of golden yellow, ball-shaped blossoms.
The name “Helichrysum” is derived from the Greek “helios” meaning sun and “chrysos” meaning gold, referring to the color of the flowers.
Helichrysum has been used in herbal health practices since ancient Greece and the oil is highly valued and sought after for its many health benefits.
Helichrysum is best known for its restorative properties to the skin.
Also referred to as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower, Helichrysum is used in anti-aging products for its rejuvenating benefits to the skin.
Helichrysum can help reduce the appearance of blemishes, and it promotes a glowing, youthful complexion.
Aromatically, it has a much different reputation.
As with most oils, it can be helpful with stress, particularly anger or emotional pain or despair.
For these reasons, it might be helpful for a person who has experienced trauma, even (or especially?) if it was long ago.
Old wounds, present turmoil, or even feelings of hopelessness can be supported with Helichrysum oil.
This oil can lend a person inner strength to address what might be buried and the courage to see the healing through to the end.
- Improves appearance of skin
- May support a healthy metabolism
- Soothing sensation
- Apply topically to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Apply to the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to promote a glowing, youthful complexion.
- Massage into the temples and the back of the neck for a soothing sensation.
- Helps with Spasms.
- Apply directly to wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks or to soothe minor skin irritations.
- Gently apply 1-2 drops over minor bruises (do not massage or apply pressure to any bruise).
- Help relieve tension by massaging onto the temples and the back of the neck.
- Massage 1 drop over the solar plexus and heart center 1-3 times a day or as desired for inner strength.
- Place one drop of helichrysum essential oil in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, cup over nose and mouth, and breathe naturally up to several times a day to lift the spirit.
- Skin Antibiotic and Antifungal
- Sunburn Relief
- Acne Treatment
- Natural Candida Cure
- Anti-Inflammatory That Helps Boost Heart Health
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.