Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons.
Unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilization.
Vetiver has a rich, exotic, complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes.
Due to Vetiver’s calming, grounding effect on the emotions, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy.
It can also be rubbed on the feet before bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep.
When taken internally, Vetiver can support a heathy immune system.
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions
- Immune-supporting properties
- Supports healthy circulation
Uses for Vetiver Essential Oil
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time to promote immune-supporting properties.
- Use as a massage oil to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender to calm emotions and lessen stress.
- Vetiver provides soothing and cooling for inflammation.
- Contains Cicatrisant agents that help to remove scars and other skin marks. (Great for treating stretch marks).
- Promotes new tissue growth.
- Vetiver has antiseptic properties that kills bacteria. Useful for cleaning open wounds and prevent infection.
- It’s aphrodisiac effect has libido enhancing properties.
- Useful when you have a hard time sleeping or suffer from insomnia.
- Maintains good health of nerves.
- Rejuvenates body and helps the immune system.
- Great for nerves and emotional healing caused by stress, fear, and worry.
- Keeps nervous disorders under control.
- A natural sedative that can calm anger, anxiety, restlessness, and nervousness.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Peaceful Dreams Recipe
Recipe for Restless Legs Syndrome
Apply mixtures to the temples, behind ears, forehead and big toe.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.