Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold.
Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits.
Myrrh has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense, and health aid.
It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies.
Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth
It is also soothing to the skin—promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion—and promotes emotional balance and well-being.
1. Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat.
2. Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion.
3. Promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Uses For Myrrh
1. Add 1–2 drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits.
2. Diffuse to help promote awareness and lift your mood.
3. Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Add 1–2 drops to ¼ cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.
5. Has powerful antioxidant benefits that can protect against liver damage.
6. It’s aroma can help improve symptoms of bronchitis, colds, and coughs.
7. Add a few drops of Myrrh to your essential oil diffuser to diffuse the beautiful aroma in your home.
8. Apply Myrrh to your skin along with jojoba or almond oil for amazing anti-aging benefits, skin rejuvenation, and healing wounds.
9. Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
10. Apply Myrrh to inflammation areas to reduce swelling.
11. Helps to relieve coughing, congestion, and reducing phlegm.
12. Amazing for upset stomachs, diarrhea, and indigestion.
13. Have gingivitis or mouth ulcers? With it’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Myrrh can help relieve those ailments. Rinse your mouth with a little bit of warm water and Myrrh oil.
14. Contains anti-cancer properties that can help treat skin cancer by applying the oil directly on the skin.
15. Can help heal fungal infections such as athlete’s foot or ring worm.
Directions For Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.